FY17 Sustainability Report from Inter IKEA Group: on our way to becoming People & Planet Positive
Today, the Inter IKEA Group Sustainability Summary Report FY17* is released - covering the IKEA product and food range, supply, production and franchising.
The report highlights progress on our journey to becoming People & Planet Positive, focusing on:
Inspiring and enabling people to live more sustainable and healthy lives:
- More than 500 affordable products and solutions with functions that enable sustainable living
- Continued journey towards a circular IKEA business
Increasing resource efficiency, generating and using renewable energy, sourcing materials responsibly:
- EUR 7 million invested in renewable energy at IKEA production units
- Preventing more than 200,000 kg of food going to waste – saving over 865 tonnes of carbon emissions - through the ‘Food Is Precious’ initiative
- 100% of cotton and 77% of wood sourced from more sustainable sources
Creating a positive impact for people across the IKEA value chain:
- 98% of home furnishing suppliers approved to IWAY, the IKEA supplier code of conduct
- 19 partnerships with social entrepreneurs to improve integration and economic empowerment
- 194,000 co-workers have access to an improved IKEA learning offer
Inter IKEA Group includes the worldwide IKEA Franchisor and owner of the IKEA concept: Inter IKEA Systems B.V. In 2018, Inter IKEA Systems B.V. will launch revised ambitions and commitments for the IKEA franchise system leading up to 2030, in an updated People & Planet Positive strategy.
“By working long-term and setting ambitions that are larger than what we can achieve alone, we will create an even bigger positive impact. Our new sustainability commitments, guided by the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, will push and enable us throughout the IKEA value chain to prepare for the world of 2030. And by working together with others, I’m confident that we will create a positive impact.” Lena Pripp-Kovac, Sustainability, Inter IKEA Group
The Inter IKEA Group FY17 Sustainability Summary Report reflects the structural changes made at the end of FY16 when range, supply and production activities were transferred to Inter IKEA Group from INGKA Holding B.V.. The commitments made under the INGKA Holding B.V. ownership have remained applicable during FY17 and a summary of performance against these targets is available at the end of the report.
For information on sustainability performance across INGKA Holding B.V. – the largest group of IKEA franchisees and retailer with 355 stores in 29 markets (in FY17) - please see INGKA Holding B.V. Group Sustainability Summary Report FY17, also released today. INGKA Holding B.V. Sustainability Summary Report
*FY17: The period 1 September 2016 to 31 August 2017.
Inter IKEA Group and Inter IKEA SystemsIKEA FranchisingNetherlandsmedia.email@example.com+31-62 124 0618